Sometimes, in order to make an informed decision, you need more information. Student governments are involved in countless projects – from revising student government bylaws, to making complicated budget choices, to managing campus services – and it’s impossible to be an expert on everything.
The Student Government Research Center can assist you with in-depth research on a wide range of campus issues. We can help you with research projects including:
- Understanding public policy debates and legislation that impact your campus;
- Surveying other colleges and universities to find out how they deal with key campus issues;
- Analyzing options for how to restructure your student government and its programs;
- Deciphering complicated legal issues affecting students; and
- Assisting you in choosing the right vendor for important services.
Among our other research, we published two of the definitive reports on State Student Associations:
|A Guide to State Student Associations
This guide is designed to act as a resource for state student associations (SSAs) by serving as a catalog of existing SSAs and their history, accomplishments, and characteristics.
|An Investigation of SSAs and Their Ability to Engage Students
This report makes recommendations for those interested in increasing the effectiveness of SSAs. Increasing the level of students' engagement in SSAs may allow those associations to better articulate the student voice on higher education issues.